This Year’s Theme: Black & White
Black & White (Grayscale) is the theme. Not sepia, not some other monochromatic tone – just Black & White. The subject, composition, aspect ratio and all other stylings are entirely up to you. Your photo will be judged based on how well you use the theme, Black & White, in your photograph. Of course technical and compositional aspects of your photo will weigh heavily on the judges’ decision. So submit your best photo.
Please, no nudity.
We’re incredibly excited to be able to offer a prize package for this year’s competition. The prize package features some of our favorite products. The winner chosen by the judges will receive all of the following – a $500 value:
* A Complete Set of Rogue FlashBenders – A unique customizable light modifier for your off-camera flash from our friends at ExpoImaging. (read our review)
* A 77mm ExpoDisc – A white-balancing filter – one of the best and easiest to use white-balancing solutions available, also from our friends at ExpoImaging. (read our review)
* $250 Gift Certificate From LensRentals.com – The gift certificate is valid towards any rental(s) available at LensRentals.com.
* A Luma Loop Camera Sling – The latest edition of the fantastic alternative camera sling provided by our friends at Luma Labs. (read our review)
How To Enter
Before you enter, please make sure to read the Official Rules and Restrictions noted below. You will be asked to verify that you’ve read and agree to these rules. But worry not: You, the photographer, will ultimately retain all of the rights to your photo. You are only granting the right for us to share it with the public through our site. If we want to use your photo otherwise, we’ll have to contact you and license independently with you.
Submission Deadline is March 18th, 2011. Only one entry per person, please.
Official Rules and Restrictions
Who may enter: The Shutter Photo Anniversary Competition is open to anyone regardless of place of residence, except as otherwise noted herein. (Note that entrants residing outside of the United States may be responsible for a portion of shipping. See Prizes and Shipping below). Entrants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Judges of the competition will not be permitted to enter.
Submission requirements: An entrant may submit only a single photograph. The first photo submitted will be considered the official entry. Subsequent photographs will be automatically disqualified. Entrant must be the creator and rightful owner of the submitted photograph. Those found not to be in compliance will be disqualified from the competition and the appropriate authorities and involved parties will be notified accordingly. Photo entries must meet the following criteria:
* Minimum dimensions: 1024 pixels on its shortest side
* Maximum file size: 2 Megabytes
* Formats Accepted: JPEG (PNG Not supported as it does not natively support EXIF data)
* The photo must be a Black & White (Grayscale) photograph. Sepia or other color tones will not be permitted.
* The photo must not contain nudity.
* The photo must be free of any and all watermarks.
* Photo must be an original and shall not have been entered in other photo competitions.
* Only one entry per person.
Judging: Judging will be conducted by a panel of judges selected by Shutter Photo. Once each and every entry has been verified to meet the submission requirements, it will be placed in a gallery viewable only to the judges. The judging process is a simple rating and popular vote system: The photo with the highest judge rating wins the competition.
Prizes and shipping: The winner of the Shutter Photo Anniversary Competition will receive the prize package(s) as mentioned herein. A cash equivalency will not be available. Package(s) will be shipped to the winning parties at the verified address provided within the entry form. Winner(s) not residing in the continental US may be responsible for a portion of the shipping costs.
Copyright Policy: Submitting photographer must be the creator and hold ownership and all rights of submitted photo. The photographer may choose any license for their photo that meets their needs, provided that necessary permissions be given to Shutter Photo Magazine to share and display the photograph in conjunction with this competition (see Usage Rights and Permissions Granted). Shutter Photo Magazine does not require that the photograph be licensed under Creative Commons
Usage Rights / Permissions Granted: The ownership of all photo entries is ultimately that of each photo’s creator. By entering this competition, you grant Shutter Photo Magazine permission to host and display the photograph in conjunction with this competition and affiliated competition gallery. Shutter Photo Magazine and it’s affiliates does not have the right to print, sell, license, or display outside of the Magazine’s domain (shutterphoto.net). Shutter Photo Magazine and it’s affiliates shall not be permitted to alter a photo entry in any way – this includes the use of watermarks, branding or the addition of text or other graphics. If Shutter Photo Magazine or it’s affiliates wish to use a photograph for any other purpose, the photo’s creator will contacted privately to discuss necessary licensing and fees.
Photo by Andy Spyra
Official website: http://www.shutterphoto.net/spacompo2011/