Youth ages 10 – 18 and adults are invited to submit photographs for entry no later than June 1, 2011 to 517 Cobblestone Court, Suite 2, Madison, MS 39110. Overall winners will be announced Sunday, August 7, 2011 during the 25th Annual Mississippi Wildlife Extravaganza at the Trade Mart in Jackson, MS.
* 10 – 12
* 13 – 15
* 16 – 18
Open to anyone over age 18
* Mississippi’s Natural Landscapes
* Wildlife Birds (Wildlife must be native to MS)
* Wildlife Other (Wildlife must be native to MS)
* People (People must be engaged in some type of outdoor activity – hunting, fishing, canoeing, hiking, etc.)
* Floral Macro (Subject should fill entire frame.)
* Macro (Wildlife / Nature – Subject should fill entire frame.)
1. Entrants are limited to three (3) entries per category.
2. Each entry must have a completed registration form attached.
3. Entries must be received by the Mississippi Wildlife Federation no later than June 1, 2011.
4. No submission may be manipulated prior to entry (adding or removing objects that were not there when the photograph was taken, no special effects). Cropping is allowed.
* Submit unmatted, unframed photograph as an 8X10 only. This rule applies to digital, film and slide photographs. Photo must be printed on a good quality photo paper.
* Attach completed registration form on back of each entry.
* Attach envelope in which negative is enclosed on back of each entry with your name and negative number printed on the envelope. If negative strip contains the negative of more than one entry, indicate the correct negative number on the envelope. If you submit a CD instead of negatives, make sure the JPEG image is 300 DPI and sized to an 8×10 for enlargement purposes. All photographs submitted may be placed on one CD. Slides are also accepted but photographs must be printed for judging purposes.
* Enclose $10.00 entry fee and mail to the Mississippi Wildlife Federation, 517 Cobblestone Court, Suite 2, Madison, MS 39110 no later than June 1, 2011. This fee is $10.00 per person NOT per picture entered.
The first place photograph in each category and age group will be enlarged courtesy of Digital Imaging Group , LLC (601/939-2008) to an 8X10 for display during the Mississippi Wildlife Extravaganza scheduled August 5-7, 2011 at the Trade Mart in Jackson, MS. These photographs will also be displayed on our website, www.mswildlife.org. From these finalists one will be picked as the Best Overall Photograph in both the Adult and Youth Divisions and awarded a $300 gift certificate each. New is the Judges Special Recognition Award, which may or may not be awarded annually. If awarded, the winner receives a $100 gift certificate. The winning photographs will also be published in MWF’s magazine, Mississippi Wildlife (possible cover) and other MWF publications. The overall winner in each division will be announced on stage at 4:00 p.m. Sunday, August 7, 2011. Pictures, negatives, slides and/or CDs will not be returned unless specified on the registration form. Finalists’ enlarged photographs may be used by MWF as display material for educational programs. Appropriate credit will be given to photographers.
Note: By entering photographs in this contest I grant the Mississippi Wildlife Federation unrestricted rights to use said photographs (not to be resold or for profit) as long as appropriate credit is given the photographer.
Download 2011 Youth & Adult Photography Contest Entry Form – (Remember to attach one entry form to the back of each photo submitted.)
Photo by Jason L. Price